The crowning of a new Miss Cokato is a highlight of the Cokato Corn Carnival each year. Coronation takes place Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2019, at 8 p.m. this year.
Updated June 2019
Every year during the second week of August, thousands of people gather for what feels like a traditional carnival of the past, enjoying all that the Cokato Corn Carnival has to offer.
Included in the three-day event are two days of endless sweet corn. The 70th annual Cokato Corn Carnival will take place Monday through Wednesday, Aug. 12-14, 2019.
There will be a kiddie parade beginning at 6 p.m., Monday, Aug. 12, followed immediately by the main parade.
Several thousand ears of buttery, salty corn-on-the-cob will be served in Peterson Park from 4 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday. The best part – the corn is free Tuesday and Wednesday. Corn is not served Monday evening.
Those who purchase a button are entered into a cash drawing.
Other highlights include the Miss Cokato coronation, corn bingo, Midway rides, and plenty of food vendors to choose from.
The events taking place this year include:
- Kiddie parade – participation treat will be given to all who enter
- Main parade
- Food stands, carnival rides and Midway by Stipe Shows
- Music in the park featuring Soren and Charlie Bortnem, The Purple Hulls, Mid Minnesota Concert Band, and Tonic Sol-Fa
- Friends of Cokato Area Library book sale
- Annual Miss Cokato coronation, main stage, Tuesday evening