People from all over love to flock to Cokato’s Corn Carnival for the food and the fun.
Updated August 2021
Have a sweet time at the Cokato Corn Carnival
Every year during the second week of August, thousands of people gather for what feels like a traditional carnival of the past, enjoying all that the Cokato Corn Carnival has to offer.
Included in the three-day event are two days of endless sweet corn. The 72nd annual Cokato Corn Carnival will take place Monday through Wednesday, Aug. 9-11.
There will be a kiddie parade beginning at 6 p.m., Monday, Aug. 9, followed immediately by the main parade.
Several thousand ears of buttery, salty corn-on-the-cob will be served in Peterson Park from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday. The best part – the corn is free. Corn is not served Monday evening.
Those who purchase the yearly Cokato Corn Carnival button are entered into a cash drawing.
Other highlights include the Miss Cokato coronation, corn bingo, Midway rides, and plenty of food vendors.
The events taking place this year include:
• Kiddie parade – participation treat will be given to all who enter.
• Main parade.
• Food stands, carnival rides and Midway by Stipe Shows.
• Annual Miss Cokato coronation, main stage, Tuesday evening.
• Entertainment in the Park featuring Mid Minnesota Concert Band, and Looney Lutherans, Wednesday evening.
• Friends of Cokato Area Library book sale.
• Cokato Museum is open extended hours.